A blogaversary! That’s what this is!!! (And something else…. scroll down to see what that may be!)
This is post 101 in a little over 6 months… phew-eeee I have been busy LOL
My first post was on the 16th of January 2013. I embarked on “the blogging thing” with lots of enthousiasm and desire to be part of the online quilting community. As some of you konw I have been patching fabrics together for about three years now. I worked on a project or two in the summer breaks and holidays. I really liked being creative with colour, fabrics and patterns.
This last half year quilting has become MUCH MORE IMPORTANT as a way of self expression. Quilting has now a firm place in my life and has certainly taken over a room in my apartment!!! LOL
(OH I LOVE MY SEWING ROOM!!!)
I just wanted to share some of my quilting lessons; things I have learned on the way and things I want to share! So here goes:
QUILTING 101 (with some pretty pictures along the way)
I have learned that…
- quilting makes me really happy! It feeds my urge to create, to play, to learn and to communicate.
- quilting/blogging lets me see thing more in perspective. “What is important in life and what is not”.
- quilting is addictive.
- blogging is addictive too!
- I love making new quilty friends.
- I love the support we are giving each other.
- I love the help and advice you have given me and I love that I can do the same for others too!
- I love buying fabric…. oops! ( Is this a side effect? )
- my blog is a way to keep myself in check… I would start new projects all over the place if nobody was watching. You keep me, kind of, accountable for finishing what I have started!!! LOL
- I can be a impulsive with projects. I just start and improvise on the way. Sometimes that turnes out fine, and sometimes not, ha ha! My first projects (that I have not shown on this blog) were a real learning curve. I see them as “lessons” and not as a flawed quilts.
I want to share that…
- please do not be scared of new techniques! Just give it a go, you might be really good at it! Even if you are
rubbish not so good, you can pratice! Nobody was born with perfect FMQ “feather-abality” for instance!
- quilting is playtime. It does not have to have a reason, it can just be fun!
- handmade gifts are so appreciated!
TALKING ABOUT GIFTS…. How about a giveaway to celebrate my 100 posts and 6 months of blogging?
OK there are actually two giveaways…, but one has already passed! I offered the next baby quilt to one of my friends and colleagues. I asked them to nominate someone else to receive this baby quilt. I picked the nomination that spoke to me the most. My colleague T came and picked it up today.
So what is the other giveaway? I have three 9″ strips WOF quilting cotton on offer!
Here are the rules:
~Please name your number in your comment! This wordpress setup does not allow me to count the comments. Please do it for me. So the first to comment is number 1, the second one is number 2 and so on!
- Please leave your email address if you are a no-reply blogger! If I can not contact you, I will pick someone else!
- One comment per person!
- I will ship all over the world!
- If you are the winner I would love to see whatever you have made with the fabric!
- The winning number will be picked on next Monday 8 p.m. (Dutch time)
I am celebrating my blogaversary with a cool pink beer!
Let the comments roll in, boys and girls!