…ago I started this blog, and I am so happy I did!
My life has changed for the better. Quilting and blogging have become my creative outlet to a busy fulltime teaching job as an art teacher in a high school / college. I so needed my own creative process and growth in skill.
Happiness, enjoyment, friendship, confidence, joy, and thankfulness! These have all come from this blog and quilting. I know you have heard this before in all of the New Year wishes of the other bloggers, but please let me repeat: “YOU ARE THE BEST!”
Thank you for letting me be part of your crowd, showing me all your pretty quilts, posting all kind of wonderful tutorials and videos that spurred me on and letting me test your patterns!
Thank you for supporting me, encouraging me, cheering me on, laughing with me, investigating with me, learning with me, hanging out with me, and indulging me buying lots of fabric while you are going on a fabric-fast!
Here are some mosaics I made as a summary for this year!
A year of experimentation:
Gifts for my friends and family:
The patterns I designed:
And all of the FMQ I learned this year!
- 141 Posts
- 34511 views
- 2306 comments (half are my replies, ha ha!)
And to celebrate my blogaversary I am giving away some goodies to my one of my followers!
- The giveaway is open to followers, new and old!
- One comment per person, please!
- Leave me a comment! If you would like a topic, maybe you could give me a tip about a great European online fabric shop that has fabrics for reasonable prices or maybe you could give me a tip about a great sewing notion I should try! Oh, and I am always interested in good FMQ- books! Do you know any that I should add to my collection?
- The giveaway closes at Saturday, January 18 at 12:00 AM (local time).
- I will ship internationally.
- If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in the comment. If I can not contact you, I will select someone else. I will send the winner an email. If you are the winner, you will need to reply within 24 hours or I will select someone else.
- I will put all of your names in a “hat” (of some kind) and draw a lucky winner.
Here is what is up for grabs!
Four cuts of fabric, each 6 x 52 inches
The best ever scarf: hexies!
A set of cute gift tags!
The lucky winner gets all!
…and a big hug to you all!