A few days ago I started a little baby quilt that is meant for a baby boy who just turned 1 years old. I completely forgot his birthday because of the big “studio move“. I only found out a week later. BIG OOPS! So I thought a nice homemade gift was in order. I used only vintage fabrics except for the fleece on the back. The fleece is a soft gray colour. The dark colour in the quilt top is a navy blue and not black.
I had set myself some goals:
– Work with vintage fabrics …… Wow, thrift shopping is sure fun!
– Pinwheels all going the same direction 😉 …… Check!
– Work with colour value …… Succeeded!
– Add a blind binding …… Yeah, but a little bit wrinkly
– Work with fleece for the first time …… Check!
I am really happy with it all!!! Finished size 28 inch square (or there abouts)
Here are some pictures.