During the mayor clear out/clean up of my flat I have stumbled upon a bag full of scraps of batting. To big to throw out, too small to use in individual projects…
Cut the scraps to straight pieces. Use a large zig zag stitch and build a bigger usable piece of batting.
I managed to get a piece about 25 x 35 inches. After piecing it all together… I cut it up again!
For test pieces to FMQ on!
That is right… FEATHERS!!!
I am using unbleached, cheap cotton from IKEA for these test pieces.
I finally had some time to get back into FMQ.
Each piece of fabric was 11×11 inches.
I watched the video made by Amy from Amy’s Free Motion Quilting adventures…
And was inspired to empty the spool of Aurifil thread I bought as part of a testers package at a quilt show! (Yes I did almost empty it out!)
It was sure fun to see my work improve from piece to piece.
… curly micro-feathers
In all of the above pieces I only drew in the spine of the feathers. In the one below you can still see the purple pen I used for sketching in the shapes.
I still find the feathers attached to the inside of the curl in the spine the most difficult to do. I will practise those more.
I have used the craftsy SALE of this weekend to get some classes on FMQ, especially one on feathers! More about those classes, later this week!
Feather on, dudes and dudettes!
P.s. Linking up with:
Anything Goes Mondays