This is my entry post for the Blogger Quilt Festival – Mini!
This summer I designed a Blog Hop Paper Piecing Pattern. I scoured through all of my scraps to create the paint tubes for four blocks. Each block has 5 tubes in it. By creating four blocks you get a complete circle! It was lots of fun!
But what to do with it the quilt top? Turn it into a bigger piece with a border, or turn it into a pillow?
I was waiting for inspiration…
This autumn break (October) I finally made up my mind. It will be a mini wall quilt for the sewing room or the hallway!
I first stitched in the ditch of each tube and then a big “whoosh” to the centre with micro FMQ patterns.
In the centre I quilted radiating lines in a light grey. It really draws the eye.
A view from the back:
Size : 20 x 20 inch
Pattern: This is a paper piecing pattern of my own design. Four blocks create the circle.
– Auripoly and Madeira Rayon for the bright colours. Nice and shiny!
– Aurifil Cotton for the grey background fabric
– Lots of scraps, two are “wrong side up” to get just the right shade of a certain colour
– Grey fabric (Jo-Ann’s???) that looks like concrete, lighter and darker speckles. Sadly I only have little bit left.
– Kona cotton Steel, backing.
Binding: Single Fold with a sleeve.
Lots of bloggers are linking up their beautiful quilts to the various categories. Go to look at the beauties here.
From November 1st the links are open for voting. You can select a favorite in each category. There are prizes for the participants, me and YOU! So what are you waiting for? Go and comment on quilts and come back to vote on your favorites next Saturday!
I know that lots of people downloaded the “Paint it” pattern during the Blog Hop or afterwards. If you have made something with the” Paint it” pattern, I would love to see it!
Please send me a link or a picture!!!
I hope the remainder of this Sunday is as beautiful for you as it is for us!
I am linking up with all of these Linky Parties:
– Anything Goes Mondays at Stitch by Stitch
– Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story
and last but not least Finish it up Friday at Crazymomquilts