In december I shared my F2F blocks for that month. I spoke about writing some foundation paper piecing patterns in January. This picture above is the Humming pattern, the first of those new patterns. The block is inspired by humming birds and their pointy beaks and fluttering wings.
Let me introduce you to this gorgeous block.
Or put the blocks on repeat to create a quilt.
This next drawing is for someone who remarked on Facebook that the block made her think of corn cobs. I am sorry, but there is no way I am going to find that post amongst the thousands of new ones and help me identify that person. If it was you, please comment here again! You inspired this drawing.
The fun thing with this block is that when you turn the units of this pattern around you can create a whole new block!
And of course a pretty block inspired by hearts!
And flowers too!
How about these quilts for a WOW-factor?
The pattern pdf is large! It has 50 pages of patterns and inspiration pictures like the ones above.
The piecing is not particularly hard, there are just many pieces in each block!
The pattern is available on Craftsy. ( Please let me know if you prefer to use Etsy, I am willing to upload it there.)
Go to Craftsy by clicking here.
Information on the block:
- The block was inspired by nature, specifically by humming birds.
- The piecing is not difficult, but there just many pieces. A bit of experience with the technique is desired.
- The pattern document includes coloring pages for the blocks and quilts.
- Fabric requirements are NOT provided.
- The pattern suits itself for a pillow or mini quilt. It could even be the centre of a medallion quilt. And in repeat the block creates wonderful secondary patterns!
- The block comes is 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″ and 18″ inches.
- If you want to create a 20″ pillow with a single block I suggest you use the 16″ block. Add a border around the block to come to 20″. This way the crisp points in the pattern are still visible on the front of the pillow and are not hidden in the curve of the pillow.
If you have ever used one of my patterns, would you please send me a picture of your blocks? I would love to showcase some of your work!!! My email address is on the right, underneath the large red, white and blue logo.
P.s. Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilt for Finish it Friday!