My colleagues are having babies again… ha ha !
I had asked the mother-to-be what color they had used for the baby’s room as an inspiration for this quilt. MINT! Seems like mint is extremely popular here. I added a dash of pink as I love that combination for little girls.
I used my tried and trusted Sudoku quilt pattern and also used up some fabric I have been hoarding for years. I have written a tutorial for this pattern a while back. You can find the tutorial here.
Swirl hooks quilting on top for the sweet little girl!
I adore the backing fabric! It has these super cute old fashioned toys on it. I wish I had bought more of this fabric.
Another colleague requested a yellow and brown/tan color scheme for their baby quilt. She didn’t know the baby’s gender yet, so I kept is a bit more neutral in the fabrics. It is hard though to find fabrics in yellow that are not floral. I wanted a mix of floral and non-floral.
The new mother was really happy with this little quilt for her new son.
The backing fabric has dinosaurs on it, but the print is very very light! I had finished the top before and waited for the reveal of the baby’s gender. So dinosaurs it was!
This last baby quilt was a recent finish. One of my students was becoming a big sister again and I wanted to share their joy with this improv quilt.
I used several small pieces of fabric that I had found at a quilt show. These small pieces were shop samples, I guess. For a few euros I got about 2 FQ worth of fabric, but in various sizes of fabric. I couldn’t use the fabric like I would in a sudoku quilt, so I used a more improv style for construction the top. Cutting the fabrics in half and adding others from my stash.
More mint… I have plenty of that in my stash! 😉
I added a handwritten label to this quilt. I used a fabric marker and traced a print out from the computer.
There are some more baby quilts in the making and some doll’s quilts too!
Until next time!